Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows® 7 with SP1 enables IT administrators to manage roles and features that are installed on computers that are running Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server® 2008, or Windows Server® 2003, from a remote computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows 7 with SP1.
1. On a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows 7 with SP1, download the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 package from the Microsoft Download Center.
2. Open the folder into which the package downloaded, double-click the package to unpack it, and then start the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 Setup Wizard.
Important: You must accept the License Terms and Limited Warranty to start to install the Administration Tools pack.
3. Complete all installation steps in the wizard, and then click Finish to exit the wizard when installation is finished.
4. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
5. In the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off (win+r --- appwiz.cpl).
6. If you are prompted by User Account Control to enable the Windows Features dialog box to open, click Continue.
7. In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
8. Select the remote management tools that you want to install.
9. Click OK.
10. Configure the Start menu to display the Administration Tools shortcut, if it is not already there.
• Right-click Start, and then click Properties.
• On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
• In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Administrative Tools, and then select Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu. Click OK. Shortcuts for snap-ins installed by Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 are added to the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.